Trudie's Reviews > More Tales of the City

F 50x66
Nov 01, 11

bookshelves: fiction
Read in November, 2011

Maupin must have wanted to write a mystery and decided to put it inside the context of the sequel to Tales of the City. I like the idea of going from genre to genre using the same characters and setting.
His books make me nostalgic for the 70's and remind me of the three trips I took to SF during that time. My youngest daughter lives there now. A big piece of my heart is in San Francisco and she's not wearing flowers in her hair. If I were funny, I'd like to funny like Michael Tolliver. I think Anna Madrigal is inspiring because we are close in age. My favorite paragraph is from Anna: "Oh, Mona,we're all damned fools! Some of us just have more fun with it than others. Loosen up,dear! Don't be so afraid to cry...or laugh, for that matter. Laugh all you want and cry all you want and whistle at pretty men in the street and to hell with anybody who thinks you're a damn fool!" She lifted the wineglass in a toast to the younger woman. "I love you, dear. And that makes you free to do anything."
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Tales of the City.