Bonnie's Reviews > Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling

Sep 30, 2012

bookshelves: 2011-books, humor, auto-biographies-and-memoirs
Read in April, 2012

Mindy Kaling is the best. THE BEST.

I just want to sit down to tea and gossip with her and we would share amusing stories and laugh until our sides hurt.

I found this book funny, charming and utterly adorable. Also had surprisingly sound advice (especially the chapter on not dating boys, but dating men - not defined by age but by being able to man up and take responsibility).

My absolute favorite chapter was the one on Irish Exits, which is an anecdote that I repeat all the time and can't wait to try out on my own. (an Irish Exit, by the way, is being at a party you want to leave and saying that you're going to the bathroom or getting something from a car but really you just go home and don't come back).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?.

message 1: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan Mindy Kaling is my dream sister-in-law. Brilliant, funny and fun. I have elaborate dreams of her running into my brother on her way to an interview in NY.

Bonnie I would adore that, because then I would come to hang out with you and I could hang out with her as well (because you would be bestie sister-in-laws). She would make every family gathering SO MUCH MORE FUN.

Also then I could hope that one day she'd introduce me to Emily Blunt and John Kransiski.