J's Reviews > Rot and Ruin

Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

Jan 24, 13

bookshelves: my-favs, jonathan-maberry
Read from November 01 to 03, 2011

This story sheds light on human nature and what society is willing to ignore, good or evil, as long as it does not happen in their backyards. Some people are CONTENT to live in their own happily-ever-after as long as the world's twisted way of living does not affect them. Some people are more human than others, while others are simply monsters as they harness their idea of justice around the innocent and the guilty. "All of us carry our own monsters around."---Richard Pryor

Are we any less human because we wind up with an altered and tattered outside shell that the crimes of this life inflict upon us? How are we qualified to judge other men and measure other men based upon our own scratched definition of what a man is or is not?
Who is qualified to determine who lives and who dies, and the means to which a man's life should end? Who defines a human and humility?

This is a great read about zombies, man, and the fine line that separates these two species, yet sheds light on their similarities.

Loved it.

Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura, #1) by Jonathan Maberry
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rot and Ruin.

Quotes J Liked

“Everyone carries around his own monsters.---Richard Pryor”
Jonathan Maberry, Rot and Ruin

“Revenge is an infection of the spirit.”
Jonathan Maberry, Rot and Ruin

“There are moments that define a person's whole life. MOMENTS in which everything they are and everything they may possibly become hinge on a single decision.”

11/01/2011 page 1
0.0% "Benny Imura could not hold a job, so he took to killing which is the family business." 4 comments
11/01/2011 page 57
12.0% ""The spirits of those we love are always with us.""
11/01/2011 page 103
22.0% ""Everyone carries around his own monsters."---Richard Pryor"
11/01/2011 page 250
55.0% ""Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, and maybe one second without hope."----Anonymous"
11/02/2011 page 265
58.0% ""Revenge is an infection of the spirit.""
11/02/2011 page 286
62.0% ""There are moments that define a person's whole life. MOMENTS in which everything they are and everything they may possible become hinge on one single decision.""
11/02/2011 page 350
76.0% ""Fear is only as deep as the mind allows."----"

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana You definitely have me interested... I am only going to read it in the daytime though, and try my hardest not to look at the cover, ever.

message 2: by J (new) - rated it 5 stars

J Diana wrote: "You definitely have me interested... I am only going to read it in the daytime though, and try my hardest not to look at the cover, ever."

ok, let me know how you like it. I posted a book discussion topic on it----today---