Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)'s Reviews > Nothing Short Of Perfect

Nothing Short Of Perfect by Day Leclaire

Nov 14, 11

Read on November 05, 2011

Nothing Short of Perfect was a pleasant surprise. I bought this book because I've been on a Harlequin Desire kick and I loved the blurb. I love a story of a geeky guy getting the girl. Justice St.John is no ordinary geek. He is a billionaire many times over thanks to his inventions. He lives in solitude with his agoraphobic uncle, Pretorius. After being in a car accident, Justice realizes that he has no one in his life. He and his uncle decide to put together a program to help Justice find his perfect apprentice/wife.

Daisy and Justice have a shared past but thanks to his accident and the head injury he endured, parts of his memory are gone and he doesn't remember their time together. Chance and a night of passion results in a baby girl and two years later, Daisy is on the hunt to find Justice.

I loved that Daisy was Justice's complete opposite. She constantly crosses the line and pushes his buttons. Justice is a truly mad scientist. He lives in seclusion surrounded by his work. He approaches everything in life in a scientific manner. The ready made family that lands at Justice's doorstep is his dream come true. After that night with Daisy, he went back to finding the perfect apprentice/wife with little success. I love that Justice immediately takes to being a father and tries his best to be a good companion to Daisy. Justice feels that if he provides what he thinks his family needs, that everything will go smoothly. But of course, life doesn't work that way and Justice has to realize that Daisy isn't a robot and he can't expect her to fit neatly into the compartment that he has reserved for her.

I thoroughly enjoyed Nothing Short of Perfect. It's a very cute story and had many funny moments. The author wrote Justice perfectly. Even though he is cold and very detached, you felt his frustration and you kind of feel sorry for him. Daisy is a likable character. She has the patience of a saint. She sees something in Justice that he doesn't see in himself and she is willing to fight for it. Their make-shift family contained a great cast of characters: Jett, Agee, Pertorius and Noelle all added depth to the story. Great story that I highly recommend.

LOL Quote:
"Justice? What's wrong?"

He cleared his throat. "You'll have to forgive me. This hasn't happened since I was a teenager, but perhaps because of my recent isolation, I'm receiving an unusual amount of visually stimulating input which is having an adverse affect on my central nervous system. If you could strive to be a little less visually stimulating, my body will release an appropriate amount of nitric oxide to the corpora cavernosa which could cause my muscles to relax." Dear God, could he sound any geekier?

Sure enough, she blinked at him. "Excuse me?"

"You're giving me a hard-on."

B
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nothing Short Of Perfect.

11/05/2011
15.0% "I think the cover is so cute!"
11/05/2011
20.0% "Really enjoying this so far."