Jessie's Reviews > The Cinderella Deal

The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie

Nov 01, 11

bookshelves: favourites-keepers, chick-lit, considering-to-re-read, books-i-loved, author-jennifer-crusie
Read on November 01, 2011

Daisy, a woman who has a messy apartment, messy clothes, and a messy life, is seriously in need of money. Her landlord came one day and found the cat Daisy just adopted. And he also came to tell her that she didn't pay her last month's rent. Lincoln, who was next to them, couldn't help but overhear her predicament and came up with a proposition. Daisy was to pretend to be his fiancée, so that he could land a job at Prescott. In exchange for helping her pay her rent ($300), and add in a thousand bucks and bam! Linc landed himself a job at Prescott, and a fiancée. They agreed that after Daisy helped him get the job, they would part ways and never see each other again. So, they got on with their lives.

Then, Chickie, wife of the man who insists that Daisy is a great wife, and mentioned (once or twice, maybe more than that, it might've slipped out) what a lucky man Lincoln is, asked if Lincoln wanted to have his wedding in she and her husband's backyard. Lincoln flew back to get Daisy back, only to find her ex-boyfriend wanting to get back with her. Daisy, having lost total interest in Derek, agrees and they're off to Prescott—again. Daisy bonded with Lincoln's students and everybody in the neighborhood (not exaggerating) loves her. Including Lincoln. Well, you can pretty much guess the rest. :)

A word of advice: Never, I repeat never, read this book before a test. I have a test tomorrow and when I was doing last-minute revision, I kept thinking of this book. Argh. So freaking frustrating! I revised finish, picked up this book immediately where I left off, and was rewarded! Thank goodness my studying paid off, and I got to read such a great, awesome book! This book would never disappoint you, I assure you. (maybe not 100%, cause we might have our likes and dislikes, but if you crave a good romantic book, this is the book for you!) Pick this up like, right now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cinderella Deal.