Tara's Reviews > Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society

Daughters in My Kingdom by The Church of Jesus Christ ...

Oct 31, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, church
Read in October, 2011

It is kind of difficult to explain my opinion of this book. I didn't anxiously anticipate the day of it's arrival and I was concerned to have another "to do/read" to add to my list. It is difficult some days to even read my scriptures. Plus I have felt like I have heard a lot of "this book is great" kind of stuff, but not so much about why or how it is great. Basically, I kind of had a bad attitude.

But, with all the focus placed on this book right now, I decided the best thing for me to do would be to read it, and really give it a chance. And I did. And I was surprised. When I read this book with an open heart, some of the stories and histories that were related prompted me in various thoughts and actions. And while I will definitely keep most of my study time reserved for the scriptures themselves, this book could be a great supplement.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters in My Kingdom.