Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)'s Reviews > Craved

Craved by Stephanie   Nelson

Review posted here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2012/03/indie-book-review-craved-gwen-sparks-1.html

Craved is about the everyday normal life of a witch named Gwen. Well, not so normal. She works with the cops because she has the ability to read the minds' of the dead. So when reading the mind of a dead witch, she finds out that there is an underworld drug ring. The drug is witches' blood and a vampire has been sucking it out of witches to distribute and use. The blood can also give vampires magic, so they must find out who it is before there is a war on everyone's hands.

Gigantic thanks to my awesome friends at Talk Supe who loaned me this book. It hurts knowing this book was under my nose and I didn't even know it. Stephanie Nelson is officially on my authors-to-stalk list. I loved this book sooooo much. Adding this to my favorites list.

We have a wonderful array of characters. Gwen is amazing and real. She may be a witch, but she runs her own business in a small town of Flora, lives in her own small apartment with her great roommate/best friend Fiona. I like that you can relate to her. Her best friend Fiona was a little spoiled, she used magic for the tiniest of things. But I loved her. She was a great best friend, she chose to live with Gwen instead of her awful, rich father who treats Gwen like a roach. Then we have Gwen's love interest, a vampire named Aidan. He had me foaming at the mouth. I thought he was incredible. He stood by for two years while Gwen was with another man, a werewolf named Micah who is the cop working on this case. He was fun, flirtatious, and hot as hell. I loved how much he loved Gwen. I was rooting for him from the beginning.

I love this plot. Definitely an interesting take on the drug world. This book started off great, but got really interesting with the arrival of Ian. He was hot, but there was something very off about him. He is definitely intriguing. You don't know if he is the villain or not because he is very convincing about not being the bad guy. I love how Nelson put this together. Usually there is a clear answer for me, but I was flabbergasted. And even after I had an "Oh shit" moment, Nelson wasn't done giving us a parting gift. There were things done in the book that were sad and had my mouth hanging to the floor. Nelson really knows how to put you on a rollercoaster. No dull moments here people!

I can't think of anything I didn't like. This book ended on a very interesting and disturbing note. I know Deceived (book 2) will pack a punch and I can't wait. I love where this book went and I am anxious to see where it will go. This book was sexy, fast-paced, and suspenseful. Couldn't put this bad boy down. You will be surprised, you will smile and you will have a blast with Craved. Highly recommended for Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance. Thank you so much again Talk Supe!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Craved.