Romancing the Book's Reviews > Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue

Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue by Stephanie Laurens

Oct 31, 11

bookshelves: historical, romance

Review by Bri: This was my first Cynster Sister Novels and to be my brassy blunt self-Stephanie Laurens is about to make some royalties from this southern belle. I’ve found myself entranced by all the Highlander novels by Hannah Howell lately. After reading all twenty something of them, I found my taste buds still demanding the Historical romances with a touch of paranormal. Unexpectedly I got that with these sassy Cynster ladies.

This novel started out with a powerful beginning, in a scandalous type of soiree. Heather is determined to have a passionate, loving marriage to her hero. She refuses to fold to the social rules that the ton institute on those of her class. Which I totally love, she’s smart, profoundly loyal and brave to her family and those she loves, says what’s on her mind and has a tongue to slice through steel. Truly my fave character traits in a heroine. It’s those personality flaws that the Viscount can’t stand in her…until when they are walking across the countryside after he rescues her from a kidnapping.

The Viscount is the type of male protagonist I tend to desire in a novel. Roguish, Alpha male and emotionally scarred by love. He’s always been attracted to Heather in an infuriating way. Eventually he decides he will marry her because honor demands it. Only Heather doesn’t bow to the ton. Which totally throws a monkey wrench in his plans; he still determined they would wed. Only Heather demands what he can’t bring himself to say…To find out what it is. Buy and read my fair readers. A must buy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue.