Romancing the Book's Reviews > Cry of the Fallen

Cry of the Fallen by Joel M. Andre

Oct 31, 2011

bookshelves: horror, thriller

Review by Stephanie O: O.M.G.

I do not even know where to begin on this review. Just the prologue itself is AMAZING! I took to reading this on my Nook, which showed it to be around 112 pages, I promise you no matter the page number count this book is packing. I found myself looking over my shoulder while reading this book last night (around chapter 9) and I couldn’t put it down. This book kept moving there was never the feeling that I wanted to “skim” the words just to move forward and get it over with. I found myself reading every word and sometimes reading them again.

The writer used details to the fullest. The air had begun to grow stale as fog began to rise. The smell of the rain was overshadowed by something darker, something bitter. That’s just a small example of what you will find. Yet, for as much horror and suspense this book has, there were moments of comedy as well. Such as, “Oh, and you can order off the kids menu, since you are acting like one.” That statement there brought a smile to my face, lol.

It’s my recommendation that if you are looking for a read that will have your heart rate up a bit, and sweat forming on your forehead, you need to get this book.

Warning: You may be fearful of things that go bump in the night for a few days after reading. It’s perfectly normal to check under the bed as well.

Quote: “My medication needs to be increased. You’re crazy and I must be dreaming. I think I’ll go wake up now.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cry of the Fallen.