Shannon's Reviews > Demon Days

Demon Days by Richard Finney

Oct 31, 2011

Read from October 31 to November 07, 2011

Things were going great for journalist Sandy Travis until a romantic Hawaiian vacation. While on a scenic tour their helicopter crashes resulting in Tom having a near death experience. That event changes Tom into someone Sandy cannot recognize. He is convinced that during his experience he heard the words of God. She is skeptical. Work is also leading her into bizarre situations all pointing her to people who are acting dangerously erratic and who have also had the same experience as Tom. Sandy has to put her faith into her only ally, Father Olsen, and find the truth of what has happened to Tom while racing the clock to save him and many others.
This is a unique perspective on an old plot. Usually when I read a familiar plot I can predict what will happen, but that was not the case with this novel. There were some twists and turns that kept me on my toes. The pacing was fast and there was so much action that when I sat down with this one I was amazed at how much I had read in a short amount of time. My only complaint is that I didn’t feel like I had enough information to get to know the characters. Otherwise I really enjoyed this and will have no problem recommending it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Days.