Denise's Reviews > Goddess of the Rose

Goddess of the Rose by P.C. Cast

Oct 31, 2011

bookshelves: fiction, my-fav-authors
Read in March, 2012

This author writes of the strength and independence of women. Unlike other authors, she never portrays them as weak and inferior creatures. I love that about her books and it's a refreshing balm to my female psyche. This year (2012) women are being disrespected in the media because of the strong influences of political pundits and extremist religious groups. Politicians flow with whatever group is likely to get them elected. The extremist religious groups, however, would have women return to the days when they were considered chattel property of their fathers or husbands. They would have women "submit" to male authority. They would convince women that independent thoughts are not something to have and that sex and passion are sinful (again).

And they would outlaw books like these.

GODDESS OF THE ROSE is yet another tale of a woman embracing her passions in life. Mikki (Mikado) was named after a specific rose. She grew up around roses and knows what they need to grow and thrive. Weaving this character in with the old story of the "Beauty and the Beast", the author shows us that true beauty is within the person...not just on the outside!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess of the Rose.