GymGuy's Reviews > Regularly Scheduled Life

Oct 31, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: m-m-romance
Read in September, 2011

Almost everyone who rated this book 4-5 stars is a woman. In my humble opinion, this is a perfect example of why women should NOT write gay romance. I personally hated it. Whiny, stipid, dumb.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Regularly Scheduled Life.

message 1: by Fairy / Anna (new)

Fairy / Anna Very direct opinion :D I like it. I'm not sure if I will try to read books by this author ever. But I'm completely sure that I won't read this story!

Btw. If women stop write m/m romances, I think there will be a problem. There are not so many men romance authors, who could cover this gap ;) Do you have any suggestions? Cause I run out of ideas...

GymGuy Yeah, I know. I think 90% of m/m romance is written by women. I wish I had a creative bone.

You will probably notice that my reviews are 1-2 stars lower than most others. I guess I have a little higher standard of excellence, which means if I give a 4-5 star rating, then I REALLY enjoyed it.

You're welcome to read any of my other reviews. I try to review most of the books I read. Most of the Josh Lanyon books are pretty good.

I'm re-reading "I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier." It's probably my all-time favorite book of this genre. It's really as much of a soldier story as a romance. The humor is wonderful. You need to understand that it is definitely Army talk. The "F-bomb" is laid on you at least 3-4 times a page, but some of the situations are hilarious. It has wonderful character development and the two MCs are just great.

I'm a true romantic, and I enjoy reading about people falling in love...over a period of time. That's one of the best parts of this book. If you haven't read it yet, I would really recommend it.

message 3: by Fairy / Anna (new)

Fairy / Anna "I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier" is on my TBR for a long time. Probably, from the beginning of my adventure with this genre. I just couldn't start to read this book, cause every time other books kept me distracted ;)

Anyway, any ideas are welcomed. Cause I really like to know what kind of books are enjoyable not only for women :) Maybe I'm a woman, but I don't like to read f/m books in m/m disguise. Just don't. At least I try.

GymGuy I would definitely suggest moving it to the top of the list. It's. A man's book in many ways. There's enough testosterone at time for 10.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I so agree I find women like gfy a lot more than actual gay men too (just my observations here on gr) I have liked a few gfy you. Some of these writers are offensive from an actual gay male pov

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I hated drill soldier. And I'm fine with women writing the mm it's just sometimes obvious they don't actually know gay men or gay men aren't apart of their target audience