Tam's Reviews > Galen and the Forest Lord

Galen and the Forest Lord by Eden Winters

Oct 31, 11

bookshelves: m-m, shifters, fantasy
Read in October, 2011

Galen is a young village man hiding his sexuality and finds his friend has taken on a baby of a young unwed woman from another village. However if the village believes it to be hers, she'll be banished or the baby will be sold to traders. When Galen is betrayed by his village crush so that he is banished (with the babe) allowing his evil uncle to inherit his land, Galen runs for it, being told that the babe will keep him safe from the wolves in the forest and he can seek shelter with the Forest Lord. Oh he finds the forest lord, and all those stories about wolf creatures, all true. The villagers banished haven't been eaten, they've been living happily with the werewolves and mating and babies aren't sold (usually half-breeds), they are brought to be raised. Everyone in the forest is trying to steer Eric, the Lord, towards Galen who is his mate, but both he and Galen aren't quite on board with that, despite the smoking' hot sex that turned Galen into a wolf. Okay, first off, this is not a story to be taken seriously. Eden said she wrote it a bit tongue in cheek and I found myself smiling all along the way. Neither Galen nor Erik are that bright. They aren't stupid, they just aren't very swift. I imagined lots of eye-rolling as their advisers waited for them to "get it" sometimes. The wolf villagers are all hilarious, the pregnant women everyone are terrified to cross, the aunt with the super hairy legs, Galen teaching the wolves how to be civilized, it's all done with a bit of a wink and a nudge and I was quite annoyed when I had to go to work and stop reading just as Galen was surrounded by the wolves. So when you are in the mood for something to lift your spirits with that traditional fantasy feel it's a perfect choice, and Eden always writes very appealing characters.

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Galen and the Forest Lord.

Tracy's Place It sounds pretty funny. I'll have to check it out, thanks for the review!

message 2: by Eden (last edited Oct 31, 2011 02:49PM) (new) - added it

Eden Winters So glad you enjoyed it, Tam! I really loved meeting you at GRL. That event should have been a full week. There just weren't enough hours in the day to do everything I wanted to do.

And I had a blast writing Galen and Erik; it was my vacation from Angstville.

Hope you like it, Tracy.

message 3: by Tam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tam It's great when you want something light Tracy.

I don't think I could have survived a week Eden. I barely made it with 5 days. :-) It was super to meet you too and Galen and Erik were a perfect light read.

Tracy's Place I'm sure I will, Eden.

It was great meeting you at GRL, Eden. I'm like Tam - I don't think I could have survived 2 more days! Maybe if we had quiet reading time. lol

message 5: by Eden (new) - added it

Eden Winters You're THAT Tracy! OMG! Hi!! *HUGS!!!* Yeah, maybe a few more quiet times. Wasn't it a blast? I still have to get all my pictures uploaded to the GRL site. I see on the message board where someone suggested doing GRL as a cruise at some point in the future. That would be awesome.

Are you going next year?

Tracy's Place LOl Yes, I'm THAT Tracy. I really did have a great time meeting everyone - that was definitely my favorite part.

Oh a cruise would be wonderful!

I'm not sure about next year. The appeal of GRL is big but Albuquerque? Not so much. lol