Julia Klatte's Reviews > Island of the Blue Dolphins

Jan 23, 12

Read in December, 2011, read count: 2

The Island of the Blue Dolphins
by Scott O'Dell

I chose this book because my 5th grade teacher made us read it in 5th grade and I loved it. I decided to come back and read it again. This book is about an Indian girl and her brother who accidentally get left by her tribe on the island she came from. She meets a wolf and they become friends and they both wait for the return of the tribe. "More than anything, it was the blue dolphins that took me back home." That was one of the quotes I admired because it shows that there was something watching over her even though all of her family and friends had gone. The thing I thought was unappealing about the author's style is that some times he gives too much insight and not enough suspense. I would recommend this book to all children in grades 5 and up because it is such an interesting book. Most stories you can relate to and in this book you can't relate because you don't know what it's like to be left behind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Island of the Blue Dolphins.