Zoe's Reviews > SantaLand Diaries

F 50x66
Oct 31, 2011

bookshelves: rwr
Read in March, 2012

The Santa land Diaries is a collection of six short stories written by the outrageously funny David Sedaris! The stories are from the perspective of David Sedaris when he takes the job as an elf at the Macy's Santa land in New York City. The stories are about his life as an elf during holiday season, the way he reacts with the customers, the employees and other parts of the job. These stories made me laugh out loud! It was a very uplifting read, no matter what mood I was in I could count on these stories to cheer me up! The book is short, but so full at the same time; you don’t feel like it’s a short book when your reading it. I loved the book as a read both at home, at school and on the train. This is the kind of book that you can read as many times as you please and it won’t get old. I personally love the humor used in the book, its very original, a style I feel I don’t often find in other comedic books. I like this book a lot because he takes you through a journey and you feel like you are seeing and experiencing everything, the characters are so recognizable that you feel some sort of connection, like you have encountered their type of personality before. I would recommend also listening to this book on tape. His voice really makes the stories, he is able to add emotion to the stories and I feel like listening to him tell the stories makes it all the more hilarious! I listened to the book on tape a while ago and this time around I read the book. I enjoyed both experiences but I feel like now that I have read the whole book I haven't missed any details I might have while listening. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good laugh! This book cracks me up personally. If you read this book and enjoy it I would highly recommend me talk pretty one day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read SantaLand Diaries.