Chichipio's Reviews > Caszandra

Caszandra by Andrea K. Höst

Nov 26, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi
Read from November 25 to 26, 2011

Right until the final battle, I was leaning toward a 5, but then some stuff happened and I was ready to drop a star (view spoiler). But then, by the time it ended, the characters and the world had won me all over again. And since I was left wanting to read more of their story, even if it means going on and on about mundane stuff, it would be very unfair of me to give it less than five stars.

I won't talk much about the book because anyone ready to read this obviously knows what's in store for the final part of the year. I will say, though, that it did manage to surprise me at several turns (view spoiler). Another important thing is how long it took me to get through it. Lately, with a lot less time to read than I used to have, I've been forced to become a very efficient reader, knocking down books in two or three hours. In this case, however, I couldn't stop my inner film director from rearing its head in almost every fight (or exploration) scene and more than once I had to force myself to snap out of it and keep reading instead of replaying something from different angles or experimenting with different facial expressions and tones in dialogs and what the people standing around were doing… well, you get the picture. It's like the difference between watching a movie on TV and having the Special Edition Director's Cut BD.

So yeah, I better stop here before some people (view spoiler) start saying that I sound like a 12 years old fangirl.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caszandra.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling knocking down books in two or three hours.

Just who were you calling an alien again?!

Also, Flann and I may or may not be starting the first book soon. If this thing isn't better than Hello Kitty gumballs, we're coming for you.

Chichipio Ha! You're trying to play down your superpower but everyone knows that you're faster than that. And besides, I can only pull that off once every couple of days or my head starts hurting.

Hello Kitty gumballs? Wow, don't you think that you're setting the bar a little too high? Let's be reasonable here. But really, even if I don't know whether it'll work for you two, I think it's better than a lot of the Young Adult literature these days.

message 3: by Wendy Darling (new)

Wendy Darling even if I don't know whether it'll work for you two, I think it's better than a lot of the Young Adult literature these days.

*sigh* That's really not saying very much. But we are still very hopeful, it looks really fun.