Meg ♥'s Reviews > Anna Dressed in Blood

Mar 09, 12

bookshelves: e-books, z-2012-reads, disappointing, cover-lover
Recommended to Meg ♥ by: Heidi
Read from March 07 to 09, 2012

Ughh. The first half of this book I would say was a solid 4/5. The second half, unfortunately, put me to sleep. 3/5 stars I guess to balance it out, but right now I feel that is even generous.

When I went into this book I had zero expectations. I think ghosts are cool, and I was really just looking for something super creepy, because that was what I was in the mood for. I didn't even really have anything to compare this to, because I haven't read very many ghost books and have never watched any kind of t.v. shows involving them either.

Cas is a ghost hunter and he hates to be called a ghostbuster. lol He wants to avenge his father's death as he was killed by a ghost he was trying to hunt. First, though, he must kill Anna. Anna is a ghost of a girl who was brutally murdered in the 1950s. Anna is epic in my opinion. Cas has some friends to help him with Anna, but as he gets closer to killing her he finds himself starting to like her (wtf?) For me this is when the story just gets ridiculous.

Some things I loved in this book were Cas and Anna. Not together. Cas was a pretty cool guy for the most part and I really liked him. Anna was awesome, and at some point I found myself really bored with the story and I was skipping ahead and reading only the parts with Cas and Anna talking. The rest of the school kids weren't that interesting at all.

I really enjoyed Anna's back story. It reminded me of being 13 and telling ghost stories when I went camping with my friends, and sure it would have creeped me out for more back then, but it was still a great story. I felt really bad for her, and when everything was revealed about her death I was pretty shocked and pissed off.

The bad thing here is that once Anna's story was revealed there were still lots of pages left in this book. Lots of boring pages if you ask me. I didn't really care to read much more about it, and I certainly did not want to read about the romance. It just seemed so silly. This book didn't have any good plot twists or anything intense you would normally expect from a book like this. Even the ending just kind of happened and left no impression on me. I think this book will be forgettable.

This is book one of a series, and I can't say I'm excited to start book two as soon as it comes out. I might give it a try, because based on the beginning of the book the story has potential. I'm just afraid the rest is going to be a really bad paranormal romance and that would be disappointing. In short I wish she would have stuck with the horror aspect instead of trying to turn it into paranormal romance at the end. Had I known that was how it would be I would have passed on this book in the first place.

I probably won't recommend this book to my friends, but I would tell anyone interested in it to give it a try, because there are lots of people who enjoyed this book. It just wasn't for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna Dressed in Blood.

03/05/2012 page 64
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heidi Happy reading Meg :)

Lyndz I look forward to seeing what you think of this one. I just got it and plan on reading it soon.

Meg ♥ Lyndz_♥ wrote: "I look forward to seeing what you think of this one. I just got it and plan on reading it soon."

If you are really into paranormal romance, Lyndz, you will probably enjoy this book far more than I did. I was looking for a creepy horror story not so much this lol.

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Great review.

Lyndz Thanks for the review. I am not really big on romance novels at all so I will probably bump this one back a bit in my list. Too bad too, because I thought it looked like it had some potential.

Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways *whew* Dodged that book-bullet!

message 7: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Marr Great review Meg, your reviewing style really is lovely. I must read Anna soon to see where I stand.

Meg ♥ Richard wrote: "*whew* Dodged that book-bullet!"

Haha yeah! Miss you around here, Richard! :-)

Meg ♥ Shirley wrote: "Great review Meg, your reviewing style really is lovely. I must read Anna soon to see where I stand."

Aw. Thank you, Shirley! I hope you like it more. :-)

Aly (Fantasy4eva) i agree!! it started off stunning. But it just went downhill in the second half. Like annoyingly downhill. Considered not finishing it at one point but trudged through.

Meg ♥ Aly (Fantasy4eva) wrote: "i agree!! it started off stunning. But it just went downhill in the second half. Like annoyingly downhill. Considered not finishing it at one point but trudged through."

Yeah, I considered that too, but since it was a series I wanted to see if the ending left me wanting more...It did not lol.

☆∞Bellas☮ ♥Shelf∞☆ I JUST bought it used cuz I got book 2. I want to read one b4 the other. Hopefully its not slow or an DNF for me. SOOO MANY lately are DNF's for me and that sux.

message 13: by Mika (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mika I'm so with you about the romance. I was enjoying the creepiness of the story until the romance came along. WTF was that? It was so unbelievable and forced, and it didn't add anything. Well, it added lameness. I thought Cas was a descent hero, but his attitude after the big revelation of Anna's death was very disappointing.

☆∞Bellas☮ ♥Shelf∞☆ I am about to read this or city of bones or harry potter #1 in an april read a long. Sounds like I should go with COB or Potter.