Romancing the Book's Reviews > Rawhide and Roses

bookshelves: contemporary, romance
Read in November, 2011

Reviewed By: JoAnne
Review Copy Provided By: Publisher
Maddie James does it again. This time it's a book with a cowboy vs. city slicker romance that drew you in immediately. Most of the story takes place in Colorado - the home of the cowboy/rancher. Occasionally there is mention of Kentucky where the city slicker hails from. There are twists and turns throughout as we've come to expect from the author. There is also lots of loving and beautiful scenery that is easy to visualize along with angst and determination or stubbornness on both Thad and Kim's part. The ending is what you hope for but once again the path is anything but straight to get there and it was totally unexpected how it was presented. I would have loved a few more chapters to see how Thad and Kim were able to mesh their lives together as a couple. I recommend not only this book but also suggest you add Maddie James to your to be read pile. I've enjoyed all three books of hers that I have so far read and plan to read others soon.

Favorite Quote: Between panting breaths, pounding hearts, and a mingling of lips and tongues, Kim managed only seconds of lucidity. She was kissing Thad! And she was kissing him back more fervently than she'd ever in her life returned a kiss.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rawhide and Roses.