Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > Vampire Hunt

Vampire Hunt by Tim O'Rourke

Nov 03, 2011

bookshelves: indie-author-love
Read from October 31 to November 03, 2011

Holy Batburgers with Extra Cheese, Batman!!

That's the way he's going to end it? Are you kidding me? With a cliffy of so and so doing something something? Fo shizzle? Now, that's just plain evil!!

But if you haven't noticed, all KIERA HUDSON books are freaking EBOL at the end because of those gosh darn cliffies.

Anyways... I think I shall lives. THe next book is due out around xmas and I can't wait to sink my fangs into it.

In this one Keira and her possie are out and about and trying to makes sure that the Vampires don't take over the world. Oh yeah, and they are looking for Kayla because you know... she got kidnapped or Vampyrus-knapped.

The possie runs into a couple of very colorful characters that I am hoping will be in the next book and also have to face a couple of hardships.

In this one, Kiera is now learning what it means to be a half-breed. I'm very curious what will happen in the next book since she's matured a bit in this one.

Although.... COME ON HOBBIT!! Are you kidding me? I do not want a love triangle!! And Potter creeps me out!!! LOLZ! That's right boys and girls!! THere is more love triangle magic in this one. YOu know how she kissed a Potter and liked it in Vampire Wake? Wait till you hear what she does in this one. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Let's just say that my eyes,.... they burned!!!

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm all for a live triangle with a TAY TAY and a RobBurger but uggs... I don't like Potter's mouth and I totally don't find him hot or suck facable ;)

And I almost made a drinking game out of how often Kiera cried. DUDE! Lay off on the water works in the next one ;) or you're going to get me rather drunk in the next book. OR is that your diabolical plan? It is, isn't it? Oh you evil hobbit!!

I must admit that I really did miss KAYLA in this one. I rather enjoyed her in VAMPIRE WAKE and I think that's what really MADE that book for me. But Isidor was a good replacement for her. I really enjoyed hearing his back-story and there's actually a secret present that I got to discover in this book. Read it and tell me if you can find it ;) LOLZ! It is most awesome and made me go super sonic squee!

The histories of a certain race was described (if I tell you it will be a spoiler) and I must admit that it is the most imaginative back story that I have ever heard. I loved it! Well done, Hobbit!

And this place that they go to at the very end is out of this world!! Very very clever!!

Now, I told you guys that I thought VAMPIRE WAKE could be read with out reading VAMPIRE SHIFT, well this one is different. YOu really do need to read both books to understand what is going on here.

All in all... A most fantastic story!

Now, go out and get this book! YOu won't be disappointed.... because BEYONCE is mentioned in this one. YE-AH BOooooY!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Hunt.

Quotes Greta is Erikasbuddy Liked

Tim O'Rourke
“What are you reading?” “ ‘Ryder’ by Greta Maloney,” he said, closing the book and placing it back into his rucksack. “Any good?” I asked, wanting to find another subject to talk about other than my nightmare. “It’s creepy,” he smiled at me.”
Tim O'Rourke, Vampire Hunt

6.0% "HAHA!! Rambo!"
11.0% "That's really clever with the sonar!"
17.0% "Kenner uses L’Oreal shampoo and likes to listen to Beyonce. <-- SNORT!! AWESOME!!! But i don't think that is my eggy ;)" 3 comments
18.0% "“I can’t believe it – you’ve eaten it all!” he said. <-- ZOMG!! That's hilarious!!"
21.0% "What on earth? NO WAY!"
22.0% "sweet-cheeks over there,” Potter said, striking a match and lighting-up a cigarette. “Your wife doesn’t like Beyonce by any chance, does she?”"
22.0% "EWWWWWWWWW!!! --->Following Potter’s stare, I turned around to see that Kenner was unbuttoning his shirt too, his oversized belly spilling into his lap like a pile of white dough." 1 comment
32.0% "I'm really hoping that I smell a werewolf!!"
34.0% ""I wouldn’t trust him as long as I’ve got a hole in my arse.” <--- EWW! My eyes!" 2 comments
37.0% "lolz! Is this the hang on spider monkey part?"
40.0% "Remember that church in the DeVinci Code? That's what I'm reminded of." 6 comments
43.0% "From beneath their robes, I got a quick glimpse of their limbs which were covered in thick, black bristling hair. Then they fell still. <-- da da daaaaaaaaaaaaa!"
46.0% ""How did you know that the farmer had a two year-old daughter, that his wife liked Beyonce, that they had cooked a chicken for dinner,” he said, “that they had two cars, they hadn’t travelled far and he would return in a very short matter of time, that he dyed his hair and their surname was Kenner?”"
46.0% "ZOMG! I adore that Beyonce is throughout this!"
47.0% "What's a football pitch? Is that hobbit for soccer field?"
47.0% "I just thought of something. Remember on Smallville when they kept trying to clone Lex? Remember all the rotten eggs that they made?"
53.0% "HAH!!!! I think I found my egg!! But it's a spoiler so I have to keep my mouth shut. Hey DF!! Did I find my egg?" 1 comment
55.0% "Wait a sec... I just thought of something. If you think about it, Luke and the gang are from Middle Earth ;)" 1 comment
58.0% "They don’t stroll about bare-chested with cheesy smiles and tattoos. <=== Wait, are you telling me that I've been lied to? SNORT!"
58.0% "Freaking cool history!!"
60.0% ""Yeah, and Santa Claus is gonna get me a date with Jennifer Lopez for Christmas!”<-- that's not what I asked Santa for ;)"
60.0% "“Standing here arguing about hairy tongues isn’t going to solve anything." <-- SNORT!"
62.0% "I found my egg!!! And I was wondering if those books were real. I guess they are ;) --> “Any good?” I asked, wanting to find another subject to talk about other than my nightmare. “It’s creepy,” he smiled at me."
64.0% "What's a touchline? Is that hobbit for SIDELINE?"
65.0% "I wonder... Is it the cross or the silver that hurts the vampires? Couldn't you technically get a cross tattooed onto your body and be protected? Isidor should try that out."
68.0% "My heart began to race out of control and I feared that he would hear it."
69.0% "All the history we have been getting about the Lore is very very creative!! Loves it! I would totally read their history books and not fall asleep in class."
70.0% "Aww man!! I was hoping for genetically mutated alligator people!"
70.0% ""She's going as fast as she can!” <-- HAHA!! CAPTAIN!"
72.0% "Awesome!! flap flap!"
85.0% ""This is the perfect time to panic!" <--- didn't Woody say that in Toy STory? lol"
87.0% "WOW! Wasn't expecting that!! And woah! Hobbits have Starbucks?!!"
90.0% "Almost done! I'm thinking of making a drinking game out of how many times Keira cries ;)"
91.0% "She didn’t exactly throw herself at my feet, treat me like some kinda demigod, hang on my every word, and tell me that she couldn’t live without me. <-- wait... she acted like she wasn't afraid of loosing him ;) LOLZ!"

Darkfallen Yes Smallville Yoda? lol

Greta is Erikasbuddy Dude, You're thinking of Clone Wars... Snarkles!

Darkfallen No no my friend I am calling you the "Yoda" of All things Superman;) lol

Ps I just finished VH and I'm writing my review as we speak

Greta is Erikasbuddy WOW!! You're done?! I probably won't be until Friday.

OH!! U confoos me with your mixing of franchise characters ;P

Darkfallen I shall never mix again! Lol

Darkfallen *smacks Greta* DON'T EVER TALK ABOUT POTTER THAT WAY!!!!!

But seriously why does he creep you out? He is HOT! Are you sure your not confusing him with Murphy or something. Murphy is the old one. Potter is only in his twenties. And oh so swwwwoooooooonnnnnnn!

Ummmmmm give me more Potter please!!!

Greta is Erikasbuddy He smokes
He has a potty mouth
And I think he'd be like a bully in high school ;)

So, no TEAM POTTER for me.

I'll take Isidor ;)

Darkfallen Awww he's just misunderstood and bitter bc that stupid snobby human bitch ripped his heart out in college. If I find her I'll rip her throat out. Lol

But what can I say? I like my bad boys;)