Romancing the Book's Reviews > Too Hot To Touch

bookshelves: contemporary, romance
Read in November, 2011

Reviewed By:Jen
Review Copy Provided By:Nancy Berland Public Relations
I've been a fan of Louisa Edwards since I read her first book. In fact, we've been honored to have Louisa as a guest several times. I'm also a huge fan of cooking competition shows. The mixing of Louisa's writings and the plot of this ongoing cooking competition is very intriguing to me. So, when I received a review copy of Too Hot to Touch, I was excited to read. I was looking forward to this new series... and I wasn't disappointed.

I think what I like most about Louisa's writing is the characters she creates. I always find that I am able to relate to them and in the end care about how their story is going to turn out. And Max and Jules are no exception. Jules is a tough girl who has found a home with her best friend's family and Max was her girlhood crush. So when he returns home to help the family restaurant, where Jules now works, and he begins hitting on her... well, what's a girl supposed to do?

In the midst of Max and Jules budding relationship, their family restaurant was chosen to compete in a national cooking competition. It was fun to watch the competition begin to unfold, meet the chefs comprising of their team and then be left hanging for the next book in the series to see what's going to happen in the next. I for one, can't wait for Some Like It Hot (release date is November 29, 2011) to read Danny's story -- he's Max's brother and Jules' best friend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Hot To Touch.