Stephanie's Reviews > Reaper

Free Download
Format: Kindle Edition,
Novella from the Soul Screamers Series
File Size: 203 KB
Publisher: Harlequin Teen (December 1, 2010)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services

Description from rachelvincent.com
Tod Hudson was a typical teenager. He liked girls, sports, food, and tolerated his younger brother, Nash. In fact, he had his whole life in front of him—and due to his bean sidhe heritage, it should have been a very long life indeed.

All of that changed in one horrible moment and suddenly Tod had to make a choice. Life... Death... or something Between....

The author of the Shifters series, Rachel Vincent is also the author of Soul Screamers. If you have read any of the Soul Screamer series Reaper answers many questions about the main male (Nash) character's brother, Tod, who is dead, but who also serves a purpose in the after life as a Reaper.
Nash is and Tod was, male Bean Sidhe. Bean Sidhe (Ban-shee) are best known as the wailing beings who presage a death. Male Bean Sidhe support the females and help the dying.

I have always wondered how Tod died, how he became a Reaper and why there is animosity between the brothers. This book provides us with answers to how and why Tod died. It gives us some insight into Tod's character. We meet a girlfriend who provides us with a very sexy scene that moves the book into that YA-Adult crossover location.

Tod's death is handled quietly, almost clinically. While his mother is remarkably sanguine about her loss, she does show significant emotion. This is such a realistic trait, you can know one thing and feel another. As a female bean-sidhe she knows the score but as a mother she feels the pain. What do you have to lose, it's free! But, even though it's free, it is no less well-written, developed or exciting than any of the other books by Rachel Vincent I have read. Enjoy!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reaper.

message 1: by Gemma (new) - added it

Gemma Did you download it recently? I can't find it. Cheers

Stephanie Last Winter, I am just tardy in posting to Good Reads. I just have so much to do. Steph

message 3: by Gemma (new) - added it

Gemma Ok, cheers : )

Stephanie I spent a morning entering books and reviews in Good Reads and only got to January which is how the review popped up. Did you check her website, it was also on there free. It is not lending enabled or I would send it to you.