Sandy's Reviews > The Haunting of Autumn Lake

The Haunting of Autumn Lake by Marcia Lynn McClure

Oct 30, 2011

Read in October, 2011

Oh, Mar-cia!

I know what book I'm reading every fall.

Actually, two books. I'll begin with The Visions of Ransom Lake and tie a bow around the experience with The Haunting of Autumn Lake.

The Visions of Ransom Lake is the first Marcia book I ever read, beginning my addiction to all things Marcia. (Thank you, Colette, for calling me with words, "Visions. Of. Ransom. Lake. You have GOT to read this.") When I heard there was going to be a sequel, I had to hold in a fangirl squee.

And this truly feels like a sequel instead of a companion novel...because Ransom Lake is EVERYWHERE in this book. Handsome Ransom and Vaden are eternal newlyweds, still sparking in the barn like teenagers. When a girl has a daddy like Ransom Lake, I'm not sure how you can create a man for her that compares, but Marcia comes close with Gentry James.

How you can read this book and not start craving some apple cider and pumpkin cookies? (I am so making Marcia's pumpkins cookies tomorrow!)

Thank you, Marcia, for the perfect indulgence to read every fall. This book is brimming with the scents and sights of autumn!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haunting of Autumn Lake.

07/28 marked as: read

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-7 of 7) </span> <span class="smallText">(7 new)</span>

Heidi My copy is coming in the mail and I can NOT WAIT!!!! Oh and I love the fangirl squeel:) I do it everytime I hear of a new Marcia book coming out:)lol

Cindy JELEOUS I AM!!! lol I ordered this the day after it was released but it is till tied up at the printers. My second e-mail finally confirmed it should be getting mailed out next week ahh finally. After her enticing sneak peak of this gorgeous book, I was so excited, and now tortured and can't wait.:)

Sandy Heidi, I hope you enjoy it! If you know Marcia, then you'll see how this book incorporates everything she loves.

Cindy, did you get it yet? I can't believe the mail orders haven't shipped yet. The ebook was so easy to obtain--I just clicked "order" and then there it was. =) I already know you're going to LOVE it.

Cindy NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I did send an e-mail and they said they had not received copies from publisher to ship out. However they should start shipping next week:D
I am so excited to read this one. I kind of want to go back and re-read Visions of Ransom Lake, so then I am ready for the new one. We shall see, I have three books I have started and not finished to deal with first.

Cindy It just arrived! So EXCITED!!XD

Sandy Yay, Cindy! Enjoy!

Cindy I WILL, just need more time in my day this week!