Keri's Reviews > Blood on the Tongue

Blood on the Tongue by Stephen Booth

Jan 18, 16

bookshelves: reviewed, mystery, 2010s-read
Read in December, 2011

Booth is such a talented writer. He brings in such emotions into his characters that you actually feel like you are standing right there, ready to give a hug. Ben Cooper is a Detective in the Peak District in England. He is well thought of guy, who is easy person for people to talk to. Diana Fry is now Ben's boss and they have history. I shall not say anymore about that, you will have to read the first two books for that history. Diana is not so well liked...ok I hate her at times...but I try to temper that with knowledge of her history, but it is hard, especially because she has it in for Ben. Or does she? The whole thing begins when a body is found in the snow outside the turnpike, then another one turns up out on the moors by an old wrecked RAF plane. Oh and if that isn't enough we have a missing baby and a missing man. Are they all connected or not?

As we watch Ben and Diana try and solve these crimes, we realize that maybe history doesn't always stay buried in the past. We also see where Ben is working toward becoming more independent from his family and become his own person. My feelings for Diana has softned by the end of the book, but not much. She is such a hard person sometimes, but I know why and I am giving her some leeway. If you like reading about WWII and the English RAF, then you might like this book. It does a good job of standing alone. You don't have to read the other two books to read this one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood on the Tongue.

12/13/2011 page 200
39.0% "This has been such an awesome read. I love Ben and hate Diana with equal fever."