Wilma's Reviews > Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Oct 30, 11

Read in October, 2011

I'm looking at all the 5 star ratings and feeling like "what's wrong with me" that I just didn't care for it that much. I really enjoyed the first half and then it became so repetitive. I understand the horrors of war but page after page after page of torture was more than I could handle. In fact, I had a terrible nightmare one night ... should not have read this just before going to sleep! Surprisingly, I did manage to read it all the way to the end!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbroken.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Ann (new)

Mary Ann I am just in the beginning of this book. I'm glad to read your review because so far, I'm not that enthused about this book either. I'll keep reading...maybe not right before bed!

Wilma Mary Ann, I'll be interested to see what you thought of it when you finish. Met a dear friend for lunch a couple of days ago who is an avid reader ... she loved this book so much and couldn't stop talking about it. I kept my opinion to myself! It's not that I hated it; it just got to be too much after awhile.