Woodge's Reviews > Three Tales Of My Father's Dragon - My Father's Dragon, Elmer And The Dragon, The Dragons Of Blueland

Three Tales Of My Father's Dragon - My Father's Dragon, Elmer... by Ruth Stiles Gannett

May 25, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, kids, reading-aloud
Read in May, 2008

Over a period of six nights, I read these tales aloud to my six-year-old son, Luke, and three-year-old daughter, Kajsa. Last night after finishing the book I asked Luke if he enjoyed the stories. "I loved it," said Luke. (Meanwhile, Kajsa got far too squirmy to pay much attention after the first 10 minutes of any story). Luke ate it up though. The first of these three tales was published back in 1948! They concern the adventures of a young boy named Elmer Elevator and a baby dragon that he rescues in the first tale. Cute, light-weight stuff with a few illustrations sprinkled throughout. The end papers of the book are two different maps of the story’s environs. Luke wants to make his own maps now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Tales Of My Father's Dragon - My Father's Dragon, Elmer And The Dragon, The Dragons Of Blueland.