Kereesa's Reviews > D.Gray-man, Vol. 08: Crimson Snow

D.Gray-man, Vol. 08 by Katsura Hoshino

Apr 01, 12

bookshelves: 2012, angels-demons, cuddle-plus, fantasy-all-others, historical, young-adult, manga, manga-english, manga-shonen, necromancy-ghosts-and-the-dead, paranormal, own, fangirling, own-softcovers, own-manga
Recommended for: Fans of the series
Read on March 31, 2012 — I own a copy

So I actually went and re-read the series before reading this volume, since I had NO freaking clue what was going on, and I really hadn't read this series in like over a year. Gah. I'm glad I did though, since it not only helped me remember what was going on, but it kind of reboosted the important stuff I had forgotten since then.

I must say I really enjoyed volume 8. Alan's still recuperating, Lenalee's kicking ass and leveling up as per usual shonen plotline, and the story is still incredibly moving and heart wrenching for me. Especially near the end of this volume.

The art has moved along fantastically from its initial beginning, and both Allen and Lavi make me fan myself often :P I do love the fight scenes-I seem to be a sucker for them.

All in all, this was a very good volume in the D.Gray-Man series. 4-4.5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read D.Gray-man, Vol. 08.