The BookWhisperer's Reviews > Cold Blood

Cold Blood by Heather Hildenbrand

Dec 04, 11

bookshelves: series
Read in December, 2011

Cold Blood takes a leap into the Hunter’s world. After the battle that concluded Dirty Blood; Tara find herself enrolled in the Wood Point academy for Hunters. At her Grandmother’s demand Tara agrees to attend the prestigious Hunter Academy, but little does she know that lies ahead. Jack and Fess have explained the reluctance that Werewolves and Hunters alike hold towards mixed blood. The reality of this truth becomes a harsh reality when Tara finds herself with more enemies than she can count. Tara’s life becomes a living nightmare.

Fortunately, two of the school misfits Logan and Cambria accept Tara with open arms. Cambria seems to have a bit of a dark side, but Logan seems altogether genuine. Alex which happens to be Tara’s tutor/trainer is a delectable addition to this novel. His shocking outburst the first day of school will leave readers questioning her character, but as the layers peel back his is just as twisted and a complicated as Tara. It is easy to see Tara struggle with feeling for his character. Personally, I must add that in my opinion he is no Wes. I was frustrated with her for allowing this emotional attachment to build in this book. Although, it does add for some obvious male dominance altercations that adds a little spice for the reader.

Overall, this was another good read for this loveable series. I honestly expected a little more action and intensity after book one; but as an avid reader I can also recognize the need for the build that this novel offers. I look forward to the next book, and can’t wait to see what is to come. BOOKWHISPERER RECOMMEND!!

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Blood.