Barb Lie's Reviews > Made to Be Broken

Made to Be Broken by Kelley Armstrong

Mar 11, 12

Made to be Broken, is the second book in Kelley Armstrong's Nadia Stafford series.

Nadia Stafford returns in “Made to be Broken, and she is still hit woman in her spare time. Nadia works hard to hide her secret life. She is known as ‘Dee’ to the crime family that pays her to eliminate traitors. Nadia is working at her lodge, when a teenage girl and her baby, who works for her vanishes. Though the people in town think the girl ran off with her baby, Nadia suspects something is not right. She manages to get Jack to help her, and discovers clues that point to a sinister plot.

Nadia has never forgotten how her cousin Amy was raped, and the rapist went free. That brought back the memory of when a similar case as a cop, caused her to lose her control and eventually her job. Nadia is determined to find out the truth, and hopefully find & save Amy and her child. In between her trying to solve this mystery, we learn more about Nadia’s past and what makes her tick. We see more of how as a hit man decides how far they will go in honoring their own codes, or whether not to perform the contract hit.

Since Jack still avoids any possible relationship with Nadia, she becomes involved with Quinn. Jack is not happy about it, but still refuses to let Nadia see anything more then a partnership between them. The reader at this point has no idea how this threesome relationship will eventually end up. I guess we will have to wait to see if a third book comes out. This was another exciting story, with a nice mix of action, romance, humor, and a slam bang ending.

Barb
The Reading Cafe
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Made to Be Broken.