Gwenyth Love's Reviews > Touch

Touch by Jus Accardo

3819184
Dec 15, 2011

bookshelves: netgalley, from-publisher, ebook, reviewed
Read from November 07 to 11, 2011 , read count: 1

I'm not going to lie...I totally picked this book for the cover. Have any of you out there ever watched the television series Roswell? Well if you have you might have noticed the same thing I did...

That's right...Max! (Played by Jason Behr.) I seriously believe that if a movie deal is made for this book that Jason Behr should play Kale. I would definitely pay to see that! So yeah...there's my confession...laugh at me if you will.

Now on to the review!

This book was absolutely amazing! If it wasn't for Divergent already stealing that place in my heart, I think Touch would be my top read of 2011. But it still has the much honoured place of runner-up (as far as I am concerned).

The story kind of reminded me up a mash-up between X-Men and Heroes (a television series I adore). In fact...if you know the series at all then you might understand my next comment. There is a neat character in Touch that seriously reminds me of Sylar from Heroes. If you have watched the series, and have read the book, tell me if you thought the same thing.

This book had some fabulous characters, both main and supporting. I cared about almost each and every one of them. I didn't want anything bad to happen to any of them (except those one or two really nasty ones of course). I fell in love with Kale instantaneously. His naivety and tenderness shine through despite everything he has been trained to believe and do. This provides the appropriate direct opposite to the female lead, Dez, who is a fiery young woman hell-bent on making her father's life a living Hell as much as possible. At first Dez annoyed me a bit with her out-of-control attitude and constant use of foul language. Over time I discovered the reasons behind her actions and was able to grow and mature along with here throughout each and every page, and it was a journey well worth taking. (And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.)

I also appreciate that the authour didn't feel it necessary to hold us hostage with a nasty cliffhanger to get us to read the next book in the series. To tell you the truth, I give way more credit to the authors who can make me want to read the next book(s) in their series without leaving me in a gut-wrenching "Oh my God what next!" kind of spot. So kudos to Jus Accardo. She is one of the few who have gotten this right!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch.

Quotes Gwenyth Liked

Jus Accardo
“Current relationship status?” Her voice cut like an arctic chill blowing through the room.
“If you mean me, then you’re not my type. If you mean my dad, he’s single, but I don’t think you’re his type either,” I said with a small smile. Mercy didn’t find it amusing. A small blue vein in her forehead started throbbing like crazy....“Actually, come to think of it, I don’t think he has a type. I’ve never seen him with a woman.
Mercy, I hate to break it to you, but there’s a very real possibility my dad is gay.”
Jus Accardo, Touch

11/07/2011 page 13
11/10/2011 page 190
76.0% 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Rachel I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thought of Max from Roswell! I miss that show so much!

Gwenyth Love It was an amazing show! I enjoyed it so much I even bought some of the books based on the series. Thanks for reading my review!