Annie's Reviews > Me Before You

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Oct 31, 11

Read in October, 2011

I’ve found my book of the year - Me Before You is an absolutely wonderful read. Basically it’s a love story, where Lou – ordinary in every way other than her eccentric taste in clothes - finds work as a carer to Will, an ex city high flyer who is now a quadriplegic and has decided he wants to end his life. The book follows her attempts to make him see that his life is worth living. The characters throughout this book are wonderfully drawn – Lou and Will themselves, Lou’s family, Will’s family, her marathon running boyfriend, Nathan the nurse. And the story is genuinely uplifting and very funny in parts (and heart breaking in others). The writing is absolutely fantastic – I’ve read the book in three sittings and resented every moment I’ve had to put it down. No-one should be put off by the subject matter – the whole book is absolutely captivating, incredibly moving but with some wonderfully funny moments. I really loved it – I doubted JoJo Moyes could surpass Last Letter From Your Lover but she most certainly has. A must read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me Before You.