Teresa's Reviews > Full Moon Rising

Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur

Oct 30, 11

bookshelves: romance-suspense
Read in October, 2011

First off I am not really sure what I think of this book.
Riley is a vampire werewolf hybrid who works for an organization called the Directorate which was created to police the supernatural races. When a gorgeous and naked vampire shows up at her door step claiming to be her brothers friend and need his protection she does not trust him. Especially since she can sense that something is wrong with her brother. But she is unable to get in touch with him since he is on a mission for the Directorate as a Guardian.
When an attempted is made on her life Riley realizes there is more going on then she suspected. She soon realizes that she will have to work with the irresistible vampire Quinn who has been living in her hallway since she would not invite him. Somehow she must keep her hormones in check as the moon fever rises even stronger inside her if she is going to be able to save her brother.
Like I said I am not sure how I feel about this book. I mean I liked it but at the same time it annoyed me a great deal. Many people in their reviews complained about Riley’s promiscuity that didn’t so much bother me as the premise that she couldn’t control her urges. I know it was because she was a werewolf and that is what happens during the moon fever but I sort of thought it was just a weak way for the author to add unneeded sex into the story and allow a free pass of sexual behavior.
I really like the mystery part of the story. In fact I thought that was quiet well written and engaging but the sexual aspect of the story where to prevalent and unneeded to be over looked.
This is the first book in a nine book series, I am not sure if I will be reading the rest of the series because it sounds to me from the reviews I read that my complaints about this book seem to be a running theme in the remainder of the books. Which is sad to me because I think it could be a really enjoyable series otherwise.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Moon Rising.