Romancing the Book's Reviews > California Caress

California Caress by Rebecca Sinclair

Oct 30, 11

bookshelves: fiction, romance

Review by Molly: My first Rebecca Sinclair novel but definitely NOT my last. Wowee, was this ever a good read! Ms. Sinclair takes her readers on a ride of laughs, heartache, betrayal, and intense passion. Her characters are finely chiseled and compliment her captivating story line.

My favorite character was Drake. Sure, he's the hero of the story and a hunky, sexy “gunslinger”, but his character was also quirky, sensitive, full of pain, and downright lovable! He's a character whose life is complex and his pain is truly evident. I loved getting to know him and his strong personality from the moment he entered the story.

Hope's character took a little longer to warm up to. Her trust issues and hiding behind her pain really irked me sometimes. But, I loved watching her interact with Drake. Those two went head for head in all their conversations, but the sparks flew instantly!

With these two stubborn passionate heads, secrets from their past, rich historic details and a surprising twist mixed in the story, Ms. Sinclair turned out a wonderful story for every book lover. Whether you're looking for romance, suspense, humor or history, you can find it among the pages of this awesometastic novel! Definitely a must read Rose That Rules All! Can't wait to read more of Ms. Sinclair's work. Oh, and that cover? HUNKINESS!

Quote: ”Perfect doesn't matter to me, sunshine,”he said, his voice a husky whisper. “It never has. Haven't you figured that out yet?”His lips turned up in a slow,knowing smile.”A thousand Angeliques can't add up to one feisty Hope Bennett.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read California Caress.