Lauren Helms's Reviews > Her Dark Destiny

Her Dark Destiny by Dave Ferraro

Oct 30, 11

Read in October, 2011

I read this book as part of the Read 2 Review.

I had a hard time getting into this book. The spent the first few chapters wondering if I was going to be able to finish it. But I kept reading and eventually I found myself interested in what I was reading. I really liked the main character, Shanna. And I like how we got to meet her new teammates. It really did feel like I was reading about a paranormal Real World season on MTV. I loved that show "when it was good". Haha.

I did think the fight scenes were pretty graphic and I'm not used to reading really graphic and gore filled books. I also didn't care for switching between characters. I wanted to stay with Shanna and found myself skimming for than reading when I was reading as other characters.

I'm am interested in reading more from this series. I liked the team dynamic and maybe learning about the other characters in their own books, since they have their own stories to tell.. But right now I would like to focus on Shanna.

I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars, becaus it was a good read but it wouldn't be my first choice when suggesting something to read to a friend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Dark Destiny.