Del's Reviews > Graceling

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Feb 13, 12

bookshelves: all-time-fave, kick-ass-heroines, read-in-2012, audio-book
Read from February 07 to 08, 2012

This review was written after I've read Fire, the second book of the series.

Although, I mentioned that I love Fire more than Katsa, I have to admit, I love Graceling more than Fire. The plot is more engaging and the characters are much more interesting. The fight scenes/practice/exercises were worth gawking about. Katsa and Po are equally matched and perfect for each other. Their fighting techniques (not that I'm an expert on the matter) seem to complement each other. They totally complete each other, a half and half for a whole of butt kicking victory!

The rescue for Bitterblue and the harrowing cross over the mountain with Katya was totally difficult to read. However, that ordeal took Katya all the strength she had ... much more effort exerted on staying and keeping Bitterblue alive on her part compared the effort she spent on fighting with villains. While I was reading that bit on the book I kept thinking ... Katya is more than capable of taking care of another human being ... thereby negating her fear of having children of her own. I was thinking on the line of her having to marry Po someday and having a little family of their own. I so hope that would happen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graceling.