Gianne's Reviews > Wings of the Wicked

Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton

Apr 03, 12

bookshelves: amazing, wishlist, let-the-swooning-begin, heart-stopping, loved-loved-loved-it
Read from March 29 to 31, 2012

--------- Read my review here ---------

Guys, breaking news, Courtney is now officially one of my all-time favorite authors. She amazed me with Angelfire but with Wings of the Wicked, she blew me away! It was fantastic in every aspect: the heart-pounding fights, the sizzling romance (Oh good God was it hot), those jaw-dropping twists, and the brilliant cast of characters.

The plot was just so good, up to the point where it's just indescribable. There were some very dark, emotional scenes in this book that you do not see coming. I don't want to spoil anything but in one word, it was heartbreaking. I didn't realize that by the time I finished one of the chapters, tears were pouring out of my eyes. Worry not though, this book wasn't all doom and gloom. It had some light hearted moments which I really enjoyed.

In Wings, I must admit that the romance was probably one of my favorite parts. After reading Angelfire and seeing the sweet, innocent love between Will and Ellie, I was so shocked that the romance in Wings was anything but that! Not that it wasn't sweet and heartfelt, it was just a lot more steamier and appealed more to my...let's say "bad side" of me. ;)

Jokes aside, the relationship between Ellie and Will is just so adorable. It only strengthens and deepens in this novel, and it never ceases to make me squeal with giddiness when Will just does...anything! He's devoted to the girl he loves and is determined to make her happy whenever he can, he's the perfect guy! (Plus, he's oh so very sexy when he tries.)

Warning though, the ending may kill you. With a cliffhanger ending like this, I was ripping my hairs out! I'm still dying to know what's going to happen next, but I guess I'll have to wait till early 2013. :( That's right, you heard me. EARLY 2013. I think Courtney's trying to indirectly kill her fans here.

Heed my advice: If you haven't read Angelfire, you should because it's just that good (in fact, read my review). If you have read Angelfire and thought it was so-so, read Wings and you will be stunned. If you have read Angelfire and thought it was great, then why the heck have you not picked up a copy of Wings?! Buy a copy immediately!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wings of the Wicked.

Quotes Gianne Liked

Courtney Allison Moulton
“I'm so sorry for everything. I never wanted to hurt you or make you doubt me. I need you to trust me. I need you. Amd I love you. I want you. You know I do. I'll never stop doing any of those things until the day I die for you."

- Will”

Courtney Allison Moulton
“He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around the small of my back, tugging me to his chest. I threw my arms around his shoulders, sliding my nails up and down his neck gently. “Stay with me. And with Nathaniel and Lauren. All day. Be happy today.”
“That’s it?”
He bent down and kissed me richly. “Each time I look at you, I want to see a smile on your beautiful face.”
“Will you be looking at me a lot?”
“I’m always stealing glances,” he confessed. “You rarely notice.”

Courtney Allison Moulton
“Don’t be mad” was the first thing he said. He really was terrified, as if the most frightening reaper on the planet was no scarier than a mouse, and yet put him in a tux and it was the Apocalypse.”

Courtney Allison Moulton
“Imagine what would have happened if you hadn’t heard
her coming.”
“Screw you,” I growled, and grabbed his collar to drag
him out of the stall.
“In a public restroom, Ellie? Really? Didn’t think you were
that kind of girl.”

Courtney Allison Moulton
“Good-bye, Cadan,” I said, backing out the door.
“If I hear anything new, I’ll come to you.”
“Be careful,” I warned. “My guard dog bites.”
He grinned, and that impish gleam returned to his eyes.
“And you don’t?”
“Wouldn’t you like to know.”
“Don’t get me excited.”

03/29/2012
27.0% "Fantastic so far :D"
show 1 hidden update…