Maria's Reviews > A Letter to Amy

A Letter to Amy by Ezra Jack Keats

May 24, 08

liked it
bookshelves: children-s-by-author-k

A quick word on book clubs. I think they are a really great thing. A number of my kid's books are from the Children's Choice Book Club by Scholastic. Now this means that they have ugly, if durable binding. But it also means that I was exposed to a number of authors that I probably wouldn't have picked out on my own. I had a bit of a penchant for really girly stuff like Angelina Ballerina. Anyway, I have always been a voracious reader and I think the fact that my parents signed me up for a book club was a huge factor. (Other factors included, frequent trips to the library and their willingness to read to me for hours. ) Seeing these books now actually makes me think about joining a book club as an adult because I suspect that it could have the same result. But enough about that and more on A Letter to Amy. Beautiful art again, a much brighter and more sharply delineated than Pet Show. There is a wonderful picture of Peter with his dog and their reflections on the wet pavement. I really love this collage style for artwork.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Letter to Amy.