Dayla's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: emotional-rape
Read from December 17 to 18, 2011

Oh man... oh man.... what did I just read? Oh man.... I'm just as much in shock now as I was back when I finished it at one in the morning. I could not put it down... even though this book killed me inside. Saying that it was an emotional roller-coaster is putting what Beautiful Disaster did to me lightly.

Okay, so, I thought the concept of this book was a nice refreshment from all of the paranormal YA going around (even though this is of a more mature YA calibre). Abby drove me insane, IMHO. She was so DUMB because everything was SOOOOO obvious, so basically we are annoyingly waiting for her to realize the obvious.

Travis sounded like a sexy piece of yum. Though he is obviously a person with a dark history, he is quite the appealing character. His actions towards Abby are quite cute, despite her dumbness. Seriously, how obtuse can you be to be so blind?! But I loved Travis's character. Come on, a fighter, with muscles, tattoos, a shaved head, and nice and tall? Perfect. :P

But I digress, despite my obvious annoyance with Abby, I did love this book. I honestly didn't know what to expect next and I couldn't put it down. I'm in love with the romance that survived so much between these two, and I think anyone who needs a nice dose of love, even if it is fiction, should give this one a glance. It'll have you crying, laughing, and huffing in anger.

It could have used better editing, hence the four out of five, but the storyline was just.... so addicting!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.