mark monday's Reviews > A Spell for Chameleon

A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony

131922
Sep 01, 13

bookshelves: first-loves, fantastickal

read this in junior high while staying at my aunt's house. read it on an ugly couch covered in plastic. read it cover to cover, realized I loved it, then read it again. jacked off to it too. my aunt's house was next to a smelly sewage plant so it was sort of a struggle at that. but I soldiered on! read it a third time years later but the magic was gone. years after that, when I was living in a punk rock flophouse, the couch was donated to us. oh the memories on that couch.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Spell for Chameleon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacob (new)

Jacob read it a third time years later but the magic was gone.

At least you weren't left with any sewage-based fetishes, right?

message 2: by Trudi (new)

Trudi Jacob wrote: "At least you weren't left with any sewage-based fetishes, right?"

Don't bet on it.

mark monday The Sewage Worker's Birthday Party by one of my favorite bands, Coil:

message 4: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Trudi wrote: "Don't bet on it."

I was just about to edit that comment with a few ellipses. ...Right?

Also, this Night of Quick Little Reviews seems like a good way to take care of all those rated-but-blank books on the "read" shelf. I should give it a try.

message 5: by Jacob (new)

Jacob mark wrote: "The Sewage Worker's Birthday Party by one of my favorite bands, Coil:"

Not familiar with them. Any other songs you'd recommend?

mark monday not sure if you'd like them... do you enjoy creepy electronic music from the 80s? if so, I'd say their Hellraiser Themes are a good starting place.

mark monday Jacob wrote: Also, this Night of Quick Little Reviews seems like a good way to take care of all those rated-but-blank books on the "read" shelf...."

exactly my plan!