Hayley's Reviews > Night Shift

Night Shift by Stephen King

May 13, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, horror, own, stephen-king, thriller
Read from May 01 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

As usual, a solid read from King.

The two about The Lot I'd read before (they came with my copy of the novel), but the others were all new to me. It started off with a bang, and the first couple were quite scary (I think "I Am The Doorway" wins scariest in this collection... just gave me the shivers for a long while afterwards) but towards the end, it was just getting a bit... less scary, I guess. They were still realy interesting, and very well written (I don't think I've ever written anything of King's, interesting or otherwise, that isn't at least written well), but the mystery and the scariness seemed to fade towards the end.

But still a great read - I don't think King writes any other!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Shift.

05/03/2012 page 92
28.0% ""He stood with his hand on the useless telephone as it grew louder, louder, gnashing and fuming, something in the streets that was hot and steaming. The bllod stench filled the room.
His hand dropped from the telephone.
It was already out...""
05/04/2012 page 126
39.0% ""(For a Limited Time Only)
1 Rocket Launcher
20 Surface-to-air "Twister" MIssiles
1 Scale-Model Thermonuclear Weapon...""
05/06/2012 page 142
44.0% ""Two planes are leaving silver contrails etched across the darkening eastern horizon.
I wish I could believe there are people in them...""
05/08/2012 page 197
60.0% ""Cressner said he'd never welshed on a bet.
But I've been known to...""
05/09/2012 page 207
63.0% ""Goodwin strolled around the house and Cooley followed him. Behind them, the scent of newly mown grass hung pleasantly in the air...""
05/11/2012 page 278
85.0% ""Dusk deepened into night. Around Gatlin the corn rustled and whispered secretly. It was well pleased...""