Sarah Murray's Reviews > Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Goldilocks and the Three Bears by James  Marshall

Nov 02, 2011

Read in October, 2011

Goldilocks and the Three Bears is one of the most known stories for children. I think the message behind it could be to be wary of strangers as well as lock your doors. I like hwo in this story, the author made the bears have human like characteristics such as living with chairs, eating out of bowls, sleeping in beds and so on. These kinds of stories always keep children interested because if they hear about animals doing human things, it expands their imaginations and keeps them guessing on what the bears might do next.

I would have my kids write what they would do if they were the bears, to come home and find a stranger in their house. I would also have kids write what they would do if they were Goldilocks and she needed help. would they enter the home with no one there, would they eat the food that was in the house, would they use the furniture that would be inside. I would really want my kids to focus on thinking about the different points of views in the story and if they agree if what Goldilocks did was right or wrong.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goldilocks and the Three Bears.