Book Him Danno's Reviews > Shock Wave

Shock Wave by John Sandford

Nov 14, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from October 29 to November 05, 2011

First let me say that I really enjoy Virgil Flowers and find him a quirky, sweet, funny, somewhat irreverent character that anyone could really fall for. I also love the fact that the books are based in the wonderful state of Minnesota and that Virgil not only fights crime as a BCA investigator, but also gets lots of fishing in while working out who dunnit. He says himself that he thinks better while not thinking at all.

This book didn't do it for me like the others. Maybe it was the fact that the love interest was really not that interesting anymore. Or that Virgil seemed a bit of his game. The story was much like the last few, but it seemed off to me and I really don't know how to explain it except it just wasn't as good as the others have been. Maybe because our town just let a Walmart come in a few years back and it has destroyed many local businesses around here, just a thought I had while reading it.

Now if you are reading this series you will not want to miss this one, even with it being a bit disappointing. Keeping up with Virgil makes this a must read for fans. If you are new to this series start at number one, Dark of the Moon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shock Wave.

11/01/2011 page 120 "I enjoy this author and love Virgil so the book is going well" 1 comment