Bryan Larsen's Reviews > Lord of Chaos

Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan

Mar 19, 2012

Read from October 29 to November 19, 2011

This really is a 3 and a half star book, but it's all or nothin' with Goodreads. The series has really begun to hit its slooooow stride. Many of Jordan's books can be cut down by a few hundred pages (or more). I don't know if I should feel shamed by this but after reading each book I always read the synopsis of the book on the Wheel of Time page as a refresher before I begin the next book. Jordan has this habit of taking important details and slipping them in when we least expect it (i.e. SPOILER ALERT! when Rahvin kills Mat and Aviendha; I literally had to go back and read this again after speaking to a co-worker about it. "Wait...they... died? And were brought back? Were 30 of my pages stuck together?!"); and taking useless information (Rand's training with the Aiel) and stretching it into, oh...about 300 pages. That aside, I like the direction he went with this once things picked up. There were times when I couldn't stop reading and I'm fascinated to see where things will go. I think once I've finished this series I could read the Bible without batting an eye.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of Chaos.