Rachel "Rai29"'s Reviews > Awake at Dawn

Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter

Oct 29, 11

Read on October 29, 2011

Awake At Dawn is the second book in the Shadow Falls series.
Now that she’s settled in at Shadow Falls Camp, Kylie Galen’s determined to discover the extent of her supernatural abilities. But with a ghost insisting someone Kylie loves is about die, a rogue vampire on a murdering rampage, and her sixth sense telling her someone is watching her, Kylie’s quest for answers is quickly put on hold.

Awake At Dawn was kindly sent to me by Loren Jaggers. I really enjoyed reading Awake At Dawn! It was wonderfully written, so much so I read it in two sittings! (And whilst I enjoyed every moment of it, I wish I had read it slower just to savour the beautiful story for just a short while longer!) My favourite characters were Kylie, Miranda & Della. Because although I absolutely loved reading about Miranda & Della in Born At Midnight, in Awake At Dawn I felt I got to know them better as individuals, and therefore they quickly became my favourite characters. Kylie is still my favourite character, her protectiveness, determination and her sarcasm are just a few aspects among many that make Kylie an amazing character that is a pleasure to read about. I love the cover of Awake At Dawn! The image captured on the cover signifies an important event in the book as does the title, which makes both the title and the cover all the more stunningly beautiful to behold.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awake at Dawn.