Ayesha's Reviews > Blue Dahlia

Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts

Nov 21, 11

bookshelves: thank-god-for-public-libraries, reviewed
Read from November 04 to 21, 2011

Wow, what a crazy-creepy-fabulous ending. It made up for the somewhat lack of a cohesive plot, and the sometimes corny "Southern" dialogue, as did the utter likability and reality of the characters. Like Logan, I loved that little Gavin and Luke weren't perfect little robot boys -- Roberts has a real knack for writing little boys in all their guts and glory :) I loved that Hayley got bitchy and annoyed as her pregnancy wore on. I loved Stella and Roz and David and Logan and Harper and.... Ohh, all the rest. And I honest to God belly-laughed out loud over some of their interactions.

It took me a bit to start this book, and then to get into it all the way, and even then when I liked it, I had to make myself keep reading at times, simply because the aforementioned lack of cohesive plot was getting to me.... But that ending -- it ensures that I read the next book, because I just have to know what happens next to the Harper Bride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Dahlia.

Quotes Ayesha Liked

Nora Roberts
“Don't 'honey' me in that southern-fried twang.”

Nora Roberts
“Plus it's just embarrassing when someone - oops.'
She pressed a hand to her side, and had the blood draining out of Harper's face.
'What? What?'
'Nothing. baby's moving around. Sometimes it gives me a jolt is all.'
'You should stand up. You should sit down.”

Nora Roberts
“Oh, for heaven's sake, Harper, I didn't just pee on the floor. My water broke.'
'What water?' He blinked, then went pale as a corpse. 'That water. Oh, God. Oh, Jesus. Oh, shit. Sit. Sit, or... I'll get-'
An ambulance. The marines.
'My mother.”