abi rafon's Reviews > Persuasion

Persuasion by Jane Austen

Mar 29, 2016

bookshelves: classics, favorites, historical-fiction, heroine-i-adore, owned, r-favorites-over-the-top
Read from November 04 to 05, 2011

Anne Elliot was one of my favorite character if not on top of my list.
Oh, i just love this book from beginning up to the end. i love almost everything about it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Persuasion.

Quotes abi Liked

Jane Austen
“I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant. You alone have brought me to Bath. For you alone, I think and plan. Have you not seen this? Can you fail to have understood my wishes? I had not waited even these ten days, could I have read your feelings, as I think you must have penetrated mine. I can hardly write. I am every instant hearing something which overpowers me. You sink your voice, but I can distinguish the tones of that voice when they would be lost on others. Too good, too excellent creature! You do us justice, indeed. You do believe that there is true attachment and constancy among men. Believe it to be most fervent, most undeviating, in F. W.

I must go, uncertain of my fate; but I shall return hither, or follow your party, as soon as possible. A word, a look, will be enough to decide whether I enter your father's house this evening or never.”
Jane Austen, Persuasion

Jane Austen
“You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope...I have loved none but you.”
Jane Austen, Persuasion