♥ Ashleigh ♥ contrary to popular belief im not actually mad!'s Reviews > Shady Lady

Shady Lady by Ann Aguirre

OMG i wish she would just choose one man and stick with him!
have to say though that part with kel was pretty awesome ;)
whats with all the men hitting on her anyways?? share some of the hotties around would ya! ;P

So some pretty exciting things happened in this book - as you know by now corine's ability has gotten stronger so she's started doing spells (which she ends up screwing royally) plus now she also has a demon mark one her and its practically impossible to be a white witch after that (according to the book). butch can write (with scrabble tiles) which is totally awesome! and he has the cutest personality! <3 that dog :D
we also get to see ALOT more of kel in this book - which i loved! and we get to find out a few of his secrets! oh and that crazy drug lord guy has finally tracked corine down so she goes and see's the non crazy drug lord to help her wipe out the crazy-ass one.... o.O yea i know she's a lil retarded at times, but hey there's a next book so it must of worked.
oh and eva has her baby - YAY!

so yea i left out some major things but i didnt want to ruin all the surprises - just give u a taste of what your missing if u dont read this book ;)

Peace.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shady Lady.

11/01/2011 page 1
0.0% "love the cover - wonderful tattoo!"
11/01/2011 page 36
11.0% "so far its pretty good."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tammy lol, "share some of the hotties"

message 2: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 19, 2012 10:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! lol well its true, i read books like this sometimes and the main character will be an average chick and she'll have to practically beat back the men - im an average chick i wanna have so many men after me i have to beat them back with a stick as well. LOL. :P

Tammy Lmao, I see your point. I'm an average chick too!! Where are my hotties?!

message 4: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 19, 2012 10:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! YEAH! we should have an average chick strike and demand some hotties!
im not sure what we would really be striking for but im sure we could come up with something!

message 5: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 19, 2012 10:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! have you read Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1) by Gini Koch??
the main character out of that is the same - theres nothing special about her and yet she's also having to beat off men with sticks! to make it even worse there hot ALIEN men, which sounds really gross unless you read the series - there uber handsome, can have sex for long periods of time... etc etc... like seriously! its just not fair, lol.

Tammy It'd be the best strike ever, average chicks demanding hotties because in the books we read average chicks have to beat off men with sticks lol

I've never read Touched by an Alien, the alien thing does sound a little gross lol. did u like it? Aliens and Zombies creep me out

Honestly, I feel the same about Kate! Maybe its because I'm jealous because I love Curran! lol

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! lol your right we would be the best strikers ever! we'd strike their asses off! :P

O.O how could you feel that way about Kate?? Kate is wonderful and i would totally marry her if i could. lmao kidding but seriously i think kate is pretty badass but we all have diff taste.
Curran on the otherhand.... mmmmmmm Curran *drool* lol.

Touched by an Alien was odd but i enjoyed reading it, the only reason i bothered trying it was cause a mate of mine recommend it and im glad she did, i never have been big on aliens i just dont get what all the fuss is about... but zombies?? i love zombies. except for those stupid YA romances about zombies like ewwwww! there rotting people! but i suppose each to their own.

Tammy lol, I told you its jealousy! Curran is probably one of my favorite male main characters.

Did you read The Forest of Hands and Teeth?

message 9: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 19, 2012 11:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! lol! Adam Hampton from the Mercy Thompson series is pretty drool worthy as well, but i have to agree curran is my fave too!
speaking of kates books how big of a douche was Jim?? he's a horrible friend!

YES! i thought the main chick out of it was spastic! actually i know this chicky who wrote a pretty funny review about it, you should check it out!
whoops forgot to put down the link... hold on a sec...
alright so i lied its actually about the next book in the series but you should check it out anyways cause its great!

Tammy I love Adam too!! Jim is a really bad friend

I wasn't a fan of the Forest of Hands and Teeth. That review was funny, I think I would dislike the second book even more-she willingly goes into a theme park that could have zombies running around

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! yea i wasnt a big fan of book #2 which is a shame cause i love zombie books, i cant explain why there just great! :P

have you seen zombieland??

Tammy No I haven't seen zombieland, I remember hearing about it

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! its hilarious! really gross but funny as!
but its not for everyone so im not sure if you would like it or not.

Tammy I just googled it, I like the main guy so I'll probably watch it if I can find it on tv or Netflix

message 15: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 20, 2012 12:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! the main guy was pretty badass!
people want him to play frank (shanes dad) out of Morganville Vampires, but if i recall correctly you havent read that series so you prob have no idea what im on about.
Frank is a badass biker with badass biker friends - actually i think its a gang?? anyways i think frank is the head of the gang - and they go to Morganville which is ran by vampires and try to kill off said vampires... see?? pretty badass!
personally i think the crossbow totting dude out of daywalker... no thats not right... shit cant remember the name *bangs head on table* hold on im going to seach for it.

Tammy I haven't read the Morganville Vampires yet, so no I have no idea

I think you might be right...are you talking about Daywalkers with Ethan Hawke?

message 17: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 20, 2012 12:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! your totally awesome! you found it! i just spent forever trying to find the damn thing! lol. when i first heard about this movie i waited forever for it to come out! i was so excited but then it turned out to be a pretty sucky movie in my opinion, lol which was highly disappointing! but doesnt this dude just scream badass!

[image error]

he looks somewhat insane as well - which i think Frank must be to hunt Vampires in Morganville! lol.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! actually there's this awesome fan-made video on youtube you should check out!

Tammy I was soo excited about Daywalkers...a movie where everyones a vampire and they're running out of blood!? It sounds amazing, but you're right-it wasn't. And I love Ethan Hawke, especially in Taking Lives. Have you seen that with Angelina Jolie?

He definitely looks badass and insane (lol), they could add fake tats and he'd work as a biker

Tammy That trailer made me want to read the books!! So are the vampires out in the open in the Morganville Vampires series?

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! i just watched the trailer on taking lives, it looks good!

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! Tammy wrote: "That trailer made me want to read the books!! So are the vampires out in the open in the Morganville Vampires series?"

yes they run the town and own the people - you cant get in and out of morganville with out them knowing, which is what makes Frank so insane and badass! lol.

Tammy I really want to read them now, didn't you say I should start with the second book?

message 24: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 20, 2012 12:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! YES! barely anyone gets past the first book.
i started the series with the second book cause i couldnt find the first at the time and now im glad i couldnt.
i think i ended up reading the first book after i read the sixth... lol.

just a warning the books can start off a bit.... weird... you'll know what i mean when you try them but they get really good so dont worry :D

actually im thinking about re-reading the series soon, cause of this conversation! lol.

Tammy Lol, was it hard to figure who everyone was because you skipped the first book?

That's how I felt when we talked about the Mercy Thompson books, I still plan to re-read them

message 26: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 20, 2012 01:01AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! it wasnt too hard, there were a couple of characters from the first book who i was a bit confused on and the story behind them.... actually so you know whats happening i'll sum up what happened to claire in the first book
(view spoiler)
clearly more than that actually happens in the first book but i thought you prob didnt want to be floundering around wondering why claire and monika dont get along. see how nice i am?? lol.

i re-read the mercy series a lil ago cause i was having the same problem! lol. i havent re-read the alpha & omega series but there's only two books so its pretty easy to remember what happened.

Tammy You are awesome! Does Claire know about the vampires?

message 28: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 20, 2012 01:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! why thank you *bow* lol.

ummmm not until eve tells her... im pretty sure thats towards the end of the first book.

eve, michael glass & shane collins are claire's room-mates in the glass house which belongs to michaels family (which is explained in the first book)

i might have shanes last name a bit wrong and i cant recall eve's. but this should help you get your bearings with the second book.

Tammy Lol...hopefully i can read them soon.

I havent read the alpha and omega series yet

So many books so little time lol

message 30: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 20, 2012 01:33AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! lol i know what you mean! :P
you should wait to read the alpha and omega series until fair game (3rd book in the series) comes out.

Tammy I'll wait because I also want to catch up on the Cassie Palmer series

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! dont forget to let me know what you think of the cassie and dory series when your finish them. :D

Tammy I will, i saw that you wrote a review for the fourth book, i think it was the fourth but I'm waiting til after I finish them. I'm trying to avoid spoilers :)

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! :D

i think i wrote that review the second time i read the series.... mmm not sure though, i wrote it ages ago and my memory is not fantastic, lol.