Rosezetta's Reviews > Death's Mistress

Death's Mistress by Karen Chance

Oct 30, 11

bookshelves: absolutely-loved, favorites
Read in October, 2011

I really enjoyed this book way better than the first one (hence me still "supposedly" reading it). I found Dory way more appealing in this book, I finished this book rather quickly...and I am stil struggling through the first one.
Loved Mircea in this one. Now we know he really isn't just a self serving arsehole of a vampire... GO Mircea, standing up to the Consul for your daughter. To learn how he really felt about Dory's mother, wow! Wasn't that a surprise... but I always knew there was more to Mircea under that calm exterior.
Let's not forget about Louis...Talk about riding to the rescue...Loved him in this book also.
Ray was hilarious. I almost hated to see his head reattached. I hope he is a main character throughout the series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death's Mistress.

Quotes Rosezetta Liked

Karen Chance
“Yes, but knee pants are so much more flattering. You can see my legs."
You want people to see your legs?"
I have very nice legs!" We both paused to admire them for a moment.”

Karen Chance
“We cannot do this now!" ....
"Sure we can."
He scowled.... "Go home, Dory."
"Give me what I want and I will!"
Radu appeared in the doorway. "I know this is a stupid question before I ask it, but is there any chance that we can discuss this like civilized people?"
Louis-Cesare.... stepped back a pace and dangled the duffel of one long finger. "Come and get it."
I stared. "Oh, no, you didn't."
"Oh, yeah. He did. You gonna take that?" Raymond piped up....
"You really want to do this?" I demanded.... The only answer I got was a flying tackle that caught me around the knees and sent me skidding on my back over hard wood.
I grinned. Well, all right then.
"That's what I thought." Radu sighed.”

Karen Chance
“I moved to assist, but never got the chance. there was some pretty violent banging for a minute, and then a tearing sound. Finally the stall door flew open, and Ray's shirtless body emerged and started bitch-slapping everything in sight.
His aim was off, probably due to the difficulty of having his eyes on the other side of the room, but he made up for it with sheer determination.”