Jenna's Reviews > Geek Girl

Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett

Oct 29, 11

bookshelves: arc-to-review, blog-tour
Recommended for: romantic souls!
Read on October 29, 2011, read count: 1

(I just want to say that it’s been so long since I haven’t slept in the wee hours of the morning just so I can finish a book. :))

It was romantic and sappy, sweet & funny, and fast-paced & clichéd but I still loved it. The main plot wasn’t totally uncommon, but there’s something unique and deep with the story that I couldn’t really put my finger on. The story started of with Jen, a Goth, out of the boringness of her daily activities dared her friends that she can turn one Geek guy, who’s Trevor to be like one of them. As we all know this backfires and she ends up falling for him and she’s the one turning tamed. But there’s more to that story, and that’s why I loved it. She has some real issues in life, and I understood why she became what she is, a goth. Lots of good, funny, corny things happen but I kept laughing and gushing I didn’t care if I have no sleep (lol). I just didn’t like the fact that after the revelation (I knew it was going to happen eventually) that led to their ruin, the reconciliation process took so long. Waaaaay too long. But as I read the last page, I wanted to read more of Jen&Trevor’s love story. It’s the kind that you’ll know will last because the roots are deep. Oil & water, night & day, complete opposites complete each other. :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geek Girl.

10/29/2011 page 53
17.0% "huhu. wanna cry. so sweet."
10/29/2011 page 116
36.0% "shocks! this is becoming hurtful. not fun. tsk."
10/29/2011 page 166
59.0% "oh gosh. i don’t like what’s happening.yeee"
10/29/2011 page 197
70.0% "aaah. pain! pain! pain!"