Brent Lorentson's Reviews > Hellucination

Hellucination by Stephen Biro

Mar 05, 12

Read from February 28 to March 02, 2012

After reading the book I needed to take a few days and digest what I had read. The catholic in me wants to say he’s going to hell for this but the majority of me is riddled with questions.
The book starts off strong as Stephen introduces us to his early years and allows us to follow along through his life so we can all get a better understanding of how his journey came to be. His look back through the past has its moments of laughter as well as the recalled moments of pain with his family. It’s when Stephen begins discussing his dabbling with drugs that the book takes its hold and pulls you in to the very end. By no means does the book promote drug abuse but what I found most impactful was the honesty he has about taking the drugs and though he insists that the drugs are behind him there is no need to read between the lines that he misses what the drugs could allow him to feel.
Getting to the core of the book where Stephen searches for God, this is when the reader needs to take a trusted leap. His encounters with Anti-Christ’s and communications with God and the Devil are where the reader is left to decide on their own what it is that they believe. Using pop culture references and a strong visual prose, the trip to hell is one I’m not soon to forget. If there is any real complaint that I have is that I wish this was just a little longer.
Hellucination is one of the rare page turners that will stick with you long after the books final chapter. It may not be a book for everyone but for those that are willing to open themselves up and get strapped in for a page turning decent into hell, you’ll be in for a ride.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hellucination.

02/28/2012 page 39
24.0% "Im hooked and being reeled in."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brent Lorentson About 40 pages into Hellucination and digging what i've read so far.