Rebecca's Reviews > The Bronze and the Brimstone

The Bronze and the Brimstone by Lory S. Kaufman

Mar 21, 12

Read from March 16 to 21, 2012

I was intrigued by how the first book ended to continue on with this book and I have to say that this wasn't how I had expected it to be. There were quite a few twists and turns in the plot of the book that I really did not see coming.

Once again I was questioning the actions of the three protagonists. I don't understand why Hansum insisted on adding future technologies into the past. It just seemed to lead to more trouble and so I just couldn't understand his motivations for doing it.

I think that my favourite characters were Guilietta and Shamira. They both seemed pretty cool and I felt I liked their motivations and actions a little more than any of the others. They also felt more genuine to me.

I thought the story line of The Bronze and the Brimstone was quite unique and it was very action packed, there was never a dull moment. I thought it was interesting how some things were introduced and resolved sooner than others.

The ending sort of surprised me a lot and I now have a lot more questions that I'm hoping will get answered in the third book. I felt that the ending sort of made things more complicated and while most things were resolved in this book the ending kind of opened up a new can of worms.

Overall, I thought that The Bronze and the Brimstone was quite an interesting book but I wasn't completely in love with it. I will however, be on the lookout for the next book in the series as I am intrigued.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bronze and the Brimstone.